Wednesday, February 28, 2007

February 28, 2007


Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:06:54 AM

I'm near the Pakistan Border training the Afghan National Police now....what a treat ( I say that with the utmost sarcasm). It's 4,500 feet lower than my previous base so it's about 70 in the day 55 at night so at least the weather is nice. I ate some sugar cane the other day, you just kind of chew on it then spit it out. It's actually pretty good. I have about 44 days left til I'm outta here and I hope to get pulled back and start out procesing around March 15th. Your last 30 days are usually spent turning in gear, getting your blood work done, paper work, awards, etc, etc. I found out they nominated me for the Bronze Star. I attached a picture from last week. I'm a bit thin and dirty, but it's recent. The weapon I am carrying weighs 84 lbs. but if you can see a target, you can hit it 1 mile plus easily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home