Saturday, May 27, 2006

May 26, 2006

Date: Friday, May 26, 2006 10:24:42 AM

Today was an incredible day. I got my own 6 ton armored Humvee last night, and today, I got to drive it through downtown Kabul on a convoy operation. Yeah, it brings new meaning to road rage when you have a crew served weapon in a turret on top of your vehicle. For some odd reason, people just move out of your way. My vehicle has smoke grenade launchers on it, Air Conditioning, and a few "classified" gadgets. I went to another base where there was a bazaar, kind of like a giant flea market. The Afghani's sell fur coats 70 bucks, hand made marble glasses and pitchers, 70 bucks, hand carved marble chess sets, 25 bucks. It is amazing what you can buy for almost nothing. Then after browsing the market, I did some maintanence on my vehicle then got to drive back through the city, only to discover, that we had steak for dinner. I can't belive that the Army is actually paying me for this. Well, I'm off to clean weapons.

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home