Sunday, May 28, 2006

May 28, 2006





Date: Sunday, May 28, 2006 5:30:27 AM



Well while you were all sleeping, I was downtown Kabul shopping, getting Army supplies. I call these "combat shopping" runs. We were in some back alleys. I was "security" we were stopped in an alley, I was in the bed of the Ranger in full gear, and I saw a little afghani girl (5) with her mom, she was dirty and obviously thirsty so I jumped out of the bed over the tailgate and had a bottle of water in hand. I guess I looked terrifying, she was scared stiff, as was her mom. I realized what was happening so I took a knee and held out the water and motioned for her to get it. They figured it out, she took the water. A little afghani thief (small boy) saw her get the water and started to make a move, I saw him, stepped in front of him and yelled "estado sho!" (stop) He saw me armed to the teeth, 3 times his size, and decided that trying to steal a bottle of water from a little girl was not such a good idea. He split, and several older afghani's said my actions were honorable and several thanked me in Dari. "tashakur" (thank you) Later as we were shopping I saw a young boy with a Donkey, couldn't resist, I gave him a bottle of water, got on the donkey in full combat gear and had a picture taken, it's hillarious. Well I have mission related things to do. Later.

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home